Saturday 28 May 2011

M57 & M71 Lovely Lace Design


Colours used: Essence Colour & Go in 36 Enchanted Fairy, Rimmel Lycra -500 Peppermint, Konad SP Black & White.
Plate used: Konad M57 & M71


Officially my favourite mani to date!
I absolutely adore this, it is quirky, pretty & very very simple to do :)
I started off by painting a quick base coat and allowing to dry. Then I taped the top 1/4 of my nails with regular sellotape (I stuck it to my jeans first to remove some of the 'stickiness' so I wouldn't rip off the base coat when removing)

I then painted two layers of Essence's shade 36-Enchanted Fairy on the untaped 3/4 section. After this had dried (and without removing the tape) I stamped the net motif from Konad M57. I then sealed this with a glitter top coat and allowed to completely dry.
I then carefully removed the sellotape by peeling it off slowly and carefully.
I painted the top 1/4 of my nail taking care not to paint over the section I had already painted. (This is where the top coat comes in handy-if you do make a mistake you can easily remove the overlap without having to re-do the entire nail) For this I used Rimmel's Lycra polish in 500 - Peppermint.

After the top coat had dried I carefully aligned the lace motif from Konad M71 to overlap the green & pink colours. This was very easy to align as the sellotape guide at the start gave me a straight line to stamp across :)
I then sealed with a clear top coat.
Again I love love love this! It looks like stickers on my nails, it is really pretty & perfect, I'm tempted to keep it for a few days instead of my usual 24 hours, it's a design I won't get bored of looking at easily :D



No comments:

Post a Comment