Monday 23 May 2011

Konad M64 Two Tone Flowers

Colours used: Rimmel Lycra Pro in 500 Peppermint, Konad SP Dark Purple & Konad SP Summer Blue.

So after a long time testing colour combinations and different stamping/scraping techniques, I came up with this one :)
I don't really like the dark blue and purple SP polishes, I think when stamped on their own they're a very bold polish and they are a bit too dramatic for me! But I'm determined to use them, as they're so expensive! and I don't really have much choice in special polishes at the moment, I think I've only 6 or 7 bottles. So I tried stamping the two colours together to create a two-tone effect. I love it!!! It is striking without being too in your face. The colour clash works really well against the pale blue background.
So here's how I stamped...

I started with two coats of Rimmel Lycra polish- 500 Peppermint. (This is a polish that i return to time & time again, it lasts really well. I have a very hard manual job and this polish chips very little!)

See above how I aligned the colours. You have to be careful that the colours don't run into each other or you get a black stripe.
I then swiped with  the direction of the polishes. I quickly picked up the image with my stamper & placed it onto my nail. The quicker you work, the more detail you will get, as the SP polishes tend to dry quite quickly.

After I finished I allowed the polish to dry for almost 10 minutes before applying a very thin top coat.

I really like this mani!!! I definitely have to try this technique with a few more plates, very very happy with the finished look & design :D





1 comment:

  1. Wow! These two tone flowers are great and different. The purple and blue blend so well together, funky yet not loud. I love this one.

    ReplyDelete