Wednesday 11 May 2011

Konad M56 Bow Tips


Colours used: Rimmel's I Heart Lasting Finish in Silver - 239 Your Majesty, Rimmel 60 Seconds Vinyl Stars in 626 Be a Star, & Konad SP White.

Plate used: Konad M56 


I can't believe how simple this mani was! I love the finished look, altogether it took me under 10 minutes, definitely one I'll be doing time and time again!

I started with a base coat, and then applied one layer of lilac varnish. I chose to only use one layer to keep it light and slightly see-tru, I didn't want it too thick.

Secondly I sponged on a silver tip. I could have painted it but again I wanted to keep the layer as thin as possible in order to prevent it from chipping. 
I then painted on a layer of top-coat, it is a good idea to do a top-coat before you start stamping in case you make a mistake. This allows you to remove the stamped design without removing all the varnish and having to start again.

I used Konad special polish in white on the bow design on plate M56. I made sure to align the stamp so it overlapped the purple and silver and arefully stamped in a rolling technique. I used a Q-tip to clean up the excess stamp that went onto my finger. 

When finished I painted another top coat to seal the design.


No comments:

Post a Comment