Friday 27 May 2011

Konad M73 & M71 Flowers & Lace

 Colours used: Rimmel Lycra Pro in 293 Pop Rose, Konad SP Black & Konad SP White
.Plate used: Konad M73 & M71

I painted two coats of Rimmel Pop Rose & allowed to completely dry.
(I forgot to photograph the next bit so I'll try be overly descriptive!) When it had completely dried I took small squares off a roll of sellotape and used it to tape of the top corner of one nail at a diagonal angle, from just under the tip at one side to 1/3 the way down the nail at the opposite side. Ensure that the base colour is completely dry before putting sellotape on it or it will peel the colour straight off your nail. I removed some of the 'stickiness' from the tape by sticking it to my jeans first!
I then stamped with the beautiful floral design on plate M73. This always stamps really well for me :)
Before removing the sellotape I went over the stamped design with a top coat.
I then removed the sellotape and in the section left I carefully aligned the white lace design from Konad Plate M71. I stamped this slowly, using the slight line left behind from the top coat as a guide.
I then sealed the entire design with Essence Glitter Top Coat, I actually used two coats of this as the glitter is very sparse & small.
This design took about an hour to complete, mainly because of the time required for the varnish to dry completely between coats.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for showing us your tape technic! That's so useful! Loases from Madrid!

    ReplyDelete