Tuesday 10 May 2011

Chinese Inspired design


Colours used: Rimmel Lycra Pro in 500 Peppermint (Pale Green Backgorund), Essence Colour & Go in 54-Trust in Fashion (Dark Green Fans), Konad SP Dark Purple (Japanese Writing) & Konad SP White (ferns).


Plates used: BM-215 Fan Design, BM-206 Japanese Writing, Konad M2 fern design.


I started with an undercoat and then painted two layers of Rimmel Lyrca Pro in 500 Peppermint. I left this to dry for 10 minutes before stamping, as it is a thick matte varnish. (It is also ideal for stamping!)

Then using the Essence darker green varnish I aligned & stamped the fan design. This design was big enough to stamp all my nails without the need to align and re-stamp any.

This would be a beautiful simple manicure if left as it is now, but I chose to add more designs :)

I chose the Japanese writing from another Bundle Monster plate & stamped this in Purple, mainly to test how the purple would look over the green. I finished with a white fern motif in the bottom corner of each nail, as I felt they looked unbalanced with just the Japanese symbol. Finish with a top-coat.

I am very happy with the finished design and this is definately a mani I will try again in different colours.



No comments:

Post a Comment