Tuesday 24 May 2011

Konad M39, M56 & M64

Colours used: Essence Colour & Go in 36 Enchanted Fairy, White Konad SP & Konad Honey Pink SP.
Plate used: Konad M39, M56 & M64


I'm trying to come up with a design for a Facebook/Konad competition, using only the Konad plates (no bundle monster allowed!) I only have 8 plates so I'm trying as many combinations as possible. I like this design, but I think I'd use a different colour instead of the SP Honey Pink as the Plaid design blends too much into the base colour, and the finished effect is much too subtle.
Anyway, here's the technique I used...
I started by painting my nails with two coats of Essence Colour and Go in shade 36-Enchanted Fairy. I lurve this Essence range! This bottle cost me €1.29, what a bargain!
I used the Essence French Manicure Tip Guides to stamp a slightly rounded design.
I started like this:
After I stamped the bottom part (with SP Honey Pink) I waited 5 mins for my nails to dry & moved the tip guides down, covering the top of the parts I had just stamped, so I could stamp my nail tips.
I stamped the bottom design with the Plaid design from Konad Plate M64.  I stamped the tips with the French Tip Chequered Design from Konad Plate M56. (IMO if you're only going to purchase one French tip plate, than make it this French Tip plate!)
After this had dried completely I carefully peeled off the french tip guides (I re-used them on my opposite hand!) This is how they looked...
Sorry, I hadn't cleared off the excess polish yet!
Always one to add an extra splash of colour ;) I chose a cute flower motif to print down the side of each nail. I used a linear one from Konad Plate M39, and stamped with Konad SP Solid Violet, then when this had completely dried I sealed it with a very thin coat of Konad Top Coat.

I thought at the start that my nails were too short to use a French Tip stamp, but as you can see I stamped almost 1/3 of my nail, I used the entire height of the stamp. It really helps to make my nails look really long, I shall be trying out the other French tips post haste!!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment