Wednesday 3 July 2013

Beach Shell Nail Art kit from Claires Accessories

Walking past the sale stand at Claire's Accessories, I couldn't help but notice this lovely set! The bottle is a really cute shape and I thought the little filler you get with it would also be great for putting my Caviar beads back in their bottles, so I had to buy it. I thought it was very reasonable for €6.99.


 Looking at the pieces of shell in the bottle I thought they would be much chunkier, so I was very happy to see how thin the shells are sliced. I was also worried about scratching myself with them, some of the corners looked quite sharp, but I think because they are so tiny and lightweight they'd pop off your nail before they do any damage. I think it helped that I put on a thick top coat to hold them in place. To get them to look layered I painted my nails with a Color Club frosted pink, dipping each nail after I had painted it and before the polish had a chance to dry. Then I done a top coat, dipped again, followed by a final top coat to help secure the shell fragments in place.

Some did come off I think they lasted pretty well, they survived a full day's work and a shower! They were pretty easy to remove using the tinfoil / nailpolish remover method :)


The bottle still looked full even after doing all my nails, I'd estimate you would easily get 20+ full applications. It is probably a bit much for day wear, but is a lovely and simple statement for a night out. Just don't pick at them - no matter how tempted you may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment